Wednesday, April 10, 2013

right now

I wrote a couple days ago about the future and at the time it seems so relevant but today, more relevant than anything is right now. Not five months from now. Today.

I'm turning nineteen a month from now. There are a lot of firsts in my immediate future. My first government election. First tax return*. First legal drink. Those are legit adult things, guys. *gasp* Am I becoming an adult?

Maybe so. Or maybe I'll be stuck in this in-between state for the foreseeable future. But I like this in-between. I'm doing a ridiculous amount of really awesome things right now. Like making a radio show and planning a trip to the Great Bear Rainforest which may or may not happen. Writing and performing poetry and walking in the rain.

This blog doesn't have much of a point except to say that I'm very stoked to be alive at this particular junction in my life. I'm happy. I hope you are too.

*yes, I could have done this in the two previous years I've had a job but it wasn't mandatory and I didn't. 

No comments: