Monday, April 15, 2013

please and thank you

The goosebumps you bring to my arms,
with your lips on my wrist,
bring the kind of thoughts that can only be expressed,
with the quickest of exhales.
An exhale in the elegant language of skin, 
about my body so desperate for your touch
I am pouring myself into your hands.
And I never said I wasn't selfish.
In fact, if I look back at all the times I asked for more 
so I could get what I needed, 
all I've ever implied 
is that I'm not afraid to speak my mind, 
to ask for what I want to be mine 
and receive it.
So let me put this into practice, let me.
Let me ask you in the simplest terms, 
with the most complex definitions
to put your hands against my rib cage
and pull me closer into you.
Blur the lines.
Turn out the lights.
Your fingers whisper what is true.

No comments: