Saturday, April 20, 2013

hi again

I forgot to blog yesterday. And to the four of you that stopped by to visit, I apologize. I don't remember putting it off or procrastinating. It completely slipped my mind until 8 o'clock this morning, when I woke up and it hit me.

I had a dream the other night that all my guitar strings broke. It only just occurred to me that this could be somehow related to Paper Towns in my subconscious. And yes, my play got cancelled yesterday which was more than disappointing but I have plenty of strings left to play out.

Like the guitar strings I've been strumming to the sound of Rachel's ukulele playing, watching day by day as my fingertips roughen from contact with the unforgiving steel. But our voices blend together and soften every inch of my skin and the toughness of those calluses is so satisfying anyway. Look, here is proof that my body is changing for my art, that I am learning and evolving and even my skins cells are responding.

Goodnight, internet :)

No comments: