Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sign Waving

Sign waving makes you feel official. It's not exactly a huge act, but when you're standing out there, holding up your sign and waving at passing vehicles, you kind of feel like part of something. I'm not trying to get all cheesy on you, just stating the facts, something I try to do whenever possible on this blog.

We had a lot of people ignore us, but there were a bunch that waved back and some who honked. The honking is a bit strange, because honking in general sounds like an obnoxious and negative sounds. It's how you let other drivers know to get out of the way. So standing on the sidewalk and being honked at might not seem like the most positive response in the world, but at least it was SOME response.

Sometimes, thought, I have to say it gets a little disappointing. I mean, really, what are the chances that one of the people that saw us is going to actually go to stv.ca and do that research and then possibly vote for BC-STV in the referendum? I don't mean to get all doom and gloom pessimist girl, but sometimes you can't help but let these evil thoughts eat at your brain.

It was still fun thought, regardless of the fact that, at times, we felt like crazy girls holding signs and dancing at the side of the road.

This blog is going to be pretty unexciting from this point on. It took me a while to get this out of my fingers and into the keyboard, and so I'm not really sure where this is going. I couldn't really think of a topic, and so the thought I had a few days ago that I've been getting better at blogging as the months goes on, seems a little silly. But I'm starting to realize something about blogging, and that is that it's not all about what you write about, or how much you write about it, or if you have any witty remarks or anything else. I'm not sure what blogging is about, but I'm trying to think up an answer for that, because tomorrow is the last day of April and thus, BEDA.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do on the blog tomorrow. My buddies are apparently doing something exciting and special, but I can't really think of an idea that sounds good. I still have until tomorrow though, so I may surprise you.

I am going to stop before I start saying goodbye, because I need something to say tomorrow, and it's not really goodbye at all. I'm still going to keep blogging, and April comes around once a year, so with any luck I'll be back here next year, digging up topics daily. Stopping.

No comments: