Monday, April 20, 2009

Questions and Birthday Rhymes

I woke up this morning and had myself completely convinced that I hadn't blogged yesterday. I was about to start up my computer so I could make up for it by blogging twice today, but then I remembered that I actually had blogged, and I had just suffered from temporary memory loss.

April 20th is today. Or today is April 20th. Either way that is the date. This date means a lot to me. It means 20 days until my birthday (whoop whoop). It's Hitler's birthday, though I only recently learned that. Last and most notable, it is my sister Rachel's birthday.

My two older sisters have birthdays within the same week. Not always the same week exactly, but within seven days of each other. This is kind of frustrating to me. I don't think they have ever had a joint birthday party or anything, but I wish birthdays would be more evenly distributed throughout the year. 
---Non-exhistent segue---
The problem I'm starting to find with blogging every day in April, is that I'm starting to question everything blog related. What's my blogging style? What can I write about? Have I written about that before? Is this entertaining? Does it make sense? Where is it going? What am I doing? Where am I? Have I blogged today?

These are just some of the questions running through my powerful brain. It's enough to give anyway a brain freeze up. The main one I think is have a wrote about this before. For instance I just found my iPod on Saturday that has been MIA since August and I had to check to see if I had written about that yesterday. Not that it's that intriguing but it's a pretty big deal to me. I have taken measures so it will not happen again like naming it (now she), Luna (not after Luna Lovegood, although that works too, but after the moon), because I think she felt a little un-loved before which may have caused her absence. I've also taken to listening to her more than I usually would, because as I see it, I have months and months to make up for of zero listening.

People underestimate teenagers. Younger children too. I'm watching One Tree Hill right now, and Brooke just said something to her foster daughter that makes me kind of angry (if you don't know who these people are, that's okay). She was talking about her romance with this guy who is moving away and asked her and Sam (the foster daughter) to come with him, and she said no. Sam thinks that this is stupid and Brooke should just follow her heart and thus the guy, and Brooke responded that she doesn't expect Sam to understand and that if she were older she would get it.

Which is total -insert word of choice here-. Teenagers are actually capable of more than our culture in general give them credit for. Sure, there are the ones who are all smoking and drinking and all that (don't know too much info on this myself), but there are some that are able to comprehend matter such as the one described.

Yes, there are some times when adults know what they are talking about, and I don't think Brooke should be forced into choosing how everyone else thinks she should, but it's still a pretty low blow for her to use the 'I don't expect for you to understand' tactic.

That's all for tonight. It has been a long day filled with gelato and beaches and delicious cheese cake. Happy birthday to you Rachel, I hope you enjoy your Jelly Bellys and that you have a wondrous year. A poem anyone?

For Rachel
Your cheerfulness scares me,
Your hair is real cute,
When we laugh together,
I have such a hoot,
Your great schemes are fascinating,
They've all been debated,
Other than by blood,
To you I am not related

Love you a ton, no more fun. (Or rhymes for that matter)

No comments: