Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Exhist With An 'H' (BEDA)

Is there any exact scientific formula that states that when you are home alone the second you sit down on the toilet the doorbell/phone will ring? This happened to me yesterday after Caitlyn had woken me up to lock the door behind her (thanks Cait). I'd been unable to fall asleep after I got out of bed, locked the door, lay back down and then heard a knock on the door, because my beloved sister had forgotten the cookies. After that I was awake and decided to eat some Girl Guide cookies and read a bit (-The Book Thief-), and when I dragged myself out of bed to visit the loo, Maddy decided to arrive home from her sleepover at the aquarium. There I am sitting on the toilet when Maddy knocks. Then pounds. Then goes to my window, slams it open and tells me to wake up. So I hastily leave the bathroom run to the door and open it before she decides to break it down or climb in my window or do something else equally impatient. What's one to do in this situation? And is it really just chance or is there some greater scientificness at work here?

I am so SORE from badminton yesterday. I know I've been this sore before but I can't remember very specifically. When I arose I felt like my arm would fall off if I tried to lift it.
Sold some more cookies today. Ate a quesidilla. What else? We (-being my sisters and I-) played cards outside because it was so beau-ti-ful. I eventually won final poker game after coming very close to chip bankruptcy. But I rubbed my two chips together and one the hand with a flush of hearts. Now some (-Rachel-) may besmirch the title of my strategy with the negatively connoted word, "cheating". I stick to the idea that it is simply bending the odds in my favour. Here is my official story: When Maddy (-our dealer-) carelessly dropped some cards on the floor where my cards were currently resting, I became very confused and picked up what I thought was my hand.
It might not be the strongest case, but I was just trying to have fun. Which is how about halfway through our little game of poker I began speaking with an English accent. Does everything sound funnier with an English accent, or is it just fake accents that sound funny and thus make funny things funnier? We had such a fantastic time at this make-shift poker table separating our butts from the ground with empty Girl Guide cookie cases. Such is the beauty of sisterhood :-)

Question for comments: do you spell exhist with an 'h' or not? Exist or exhist. I think you know my answer.

No comments: