Sunday, April 19, 2009

Glamour and Zodiac Compatibility

I don't usually write about my life in my blog. At least I don't think I do. I mean there are tidbits and particles and sometimes something about what's happening right now. But I usually just write about past events and whatever I'm thinking about, because that seems a tad more interesting than my actual life.
Don't get me wrong, my life is awesome. I enjoy it and all. It's very exciting, but I'm not exactly sure how to transfer that into blog, so I mostly just stick with odd wonderings. My life is one of those 'you had to be there' things.

Sometimes though, there are things so exciting, fabulous and glamorous that I have to document them. Birthdays, are a specific event that may fall into this category (ex. when I wrote about Caitlyn's amazing 19th birthday), but these occasions, though I wouldn't say rare are relatively few.
Why am I bringing this up now, you may ask. I will tell you why: last night was one of those such events that is noteworthy enough to take the energy to explain. Here it goes.

My friend, Jessica, is turning sixteen on Wednesday. For some reason, in our culture, we sometimes make a big deal out of the sixteenth year. Sweet Sixteen, and all that nonsense. I don't know why this exact year, perhaps because in some places you get to drive a car, or just because we can. Regardless, Jessica's party was to be no exception.

A limo was hired and and twelve (or eleven?) invitees dressed up for the occasion. Now don't get me wrong, limousines are great. They are the height of glamour and elegance, but they also contribute a lot of CO2 to our atmosphere, which is bringing about global warming. Not to get all doom and gloom on the party.
A girl's first limo ride is as exciting as anything. I had, before this occasion, been in a limousine for another party, but this time was different because we dressed up and went to a restaurant. The second limo ride is not as thrilling, though certainly a lot of fun. The novelty, however wears off and then it's just like a party, only moving through the streets.
One of the best parts of limousines, I think, is being seen by people. It wouldn't be quite as fun driving down a deserted road, it's much awesomer to drive through a city and be stared at by passers-by. Hey, you can even wave at them. 

The second exciting part of the evening was the food. I ordered the veggie lasagna, simply because there was no manicotti on the menu. When it arrived I was speechless. I had never seen such cheesiness in my life. Seriously, I wanted to erect a statue in honour of this amazing cheese (in case you hadn't realized I am a huge fan of cheese). It looked so delicious. Eventually I stopped gawked and started eating, and it was just as tasty as it was beautiful.
Beautiful cheese? Yes, and I don't expect anyone to understand it. I am weird. Accept it, and move on.

When we got back to the birthday girl's house at 11:30pm I was, needless to say, pretty tired. It is ladylike and acceptable to be a little weary after such a night as this one. We eventually all dropped of to sleep, and an amazing night ended just like that.

On another note, April is the highest birthday capacity of any month for me. I know of at least nine people who were born in the month of April. It's quite the month for celebration. 
April is the month of Aries and Tauruses. Zodiac-wise, I don't know how compatible I'm supposed to be with either. Being a Taurus myself I'm wondering if I'm compatible with other Tauruses.

On another note how much stock is it worth to put in these types of things? Does it really matter when a person was born? Does that affect the personality of a person or is it just other circumstances. I'm curious about other opinions on this. I'm gone completely off-topic so I'm ending this now. 

No comments: