Tuesday, April 5, 2011

sometimes, I pretend I am an idiot

My self esteem is fine. Really fine. I, of course, have self conscious moments and probably a lot of issues buried deep that I don't think about but, on surface level, I think I'm a pretty cool person. Sometimes though... sometimes I am very good at *acting* the part of an idiot. This is going to take a tiny bit of backstory.

I'm a Girl Guide. We sell cookies. One of our sales methods is to stand outside retail locations, sometimes in the rain, and ask shoppers if they would like to spend a measly four dollars on our endlessly worthy cookies. There are contracts with the stores that we sell in front of and the considerable task of matching up some 200 girls in my district with time slots. In short, that is my task.

I create spreadsheets using Google Docs that list the locations and one hour time increments, forward the spreadsheets our to Guiders who get the girls to sign up. There's meetings every night of the week where girls need the spreadsheets and so every afternoon I email out the latest updated sheet in .PDF format so the leaders can print them and get them to the meeting place. But apparently I don't do this on Tuesday.

You see, I work on Tuesdays. To top it off, today I was off practicing driving for a large chunk of time with my mother. I forgot. Everybody makes mistakes.* But the worst part is that I did the same thing last Tuesday. Hence the acting like an idiot. Who makes the same mistake two Tuesdays in a row? That would be me.

Why?!?!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to brush my teeth and immerse myself in City of Fallen Angels. Only then, I'm sure, will I be able to escape the tragic fail that is currently haunting me.**

*Everybody has those days. Everybody knows what, what I'm talking 'bout. Everybody gets that way. Yeah!
**Did I go over the top just a little there?

No comments: