Saturday, April 30, 2011

the point (and thank you)

I'm going to be honest; I haven't quite decided what to blog about. There's simultaneously so much and nothing new for me to write. This'll be my twenty-eighth blog of the month. It's possible I've exhausted all topics. Possible but not probable.

At the moment, my mind is somewhat blank and my eyes are tired. I'm only half paying attention to this post, the other half of my lucid mind is watching Harry Potter 6, simply because I haven't in a while. Feet aching from my day of walking, standing and working, I'm remembering a couple of hours ago, on my way home, at the bus stop. The sun had disappeared behind the line of trees but it was still bright and the sky smelled like the space between rain and sun. Spring.

These days, I've been living pretty short term. A day or two at a time is not my usual style but I've still managed to feel a bit refreshed, despite apparent exhaustion. I'm ready for a new month, a new birthday, the same me. I've ready to abandon blogging every day, or at least that's my official statement.

The two days I missed blogging have catapulted me into this critical stage of examining BEDA and its point or maybe the other way around. The evolution of ideas is pretty fascinating to me and I can't stop contemplating how a viral plot of Maureen Johnson's could prompt me to take on this project a third time, two years later. What was mj's goal with this whole thing? Why did people attach themselves to the idea? How did such a vibrant community spring up and then dissipate? What about this idea is worth clinging to?

I can't pin it down. I guess I'm still searching for the community that I found and loved for that one month in 2009. I'm looking to recreate the friendships and connections. I'm in want of an excuse to challenge myself while also sharing my life, opinions and voice with the world. This is another outlet for telling my story.

I'm not sure if any future BEDAs will live up to my first one. I'm holding out hope that mj will rally the bloggers and be our dynamic leading force once more, holding us together for another month of community powered blogging. Some day. As for today, I'm happy to hit PUBLISH POST to nowhere. To you. To anyone. I'm not sure what the point is, per se, but I'm enjoying the journey and that's enough.

Thanks for sharing the month with me, dear reader. You are precious to me. But not in a creepy way.

No comments: