Monday, August 16, 2010

Paper

I know you're all tired of me going on about my coming vacation and how much I have to do and all that (wait, it's just me that gets irritated when people talk about their vacations constantly? Weird.) but I'm going to continue with a related thread.

By Thursday morning, I'll be in Orlando. Setting of John Green's third novel and Margo Roth Spiegelman's paper town. Home of Disney World as well as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Orlando. (does anyone else remember being in love with Orlando Bloom? That was just me? Okay, good to know.)

I made this video yesterday, part of it being an open letter to John Green. I didn't say much but I did say something. Important. To me. I figured I'd have more to say about here that but I don't. It's all in the video. Apparently I said the word 'awesome' quite a few times. That happens when I'm speaking directly to people I look up to, whether or not they'll ever see it. Plus, if I could only use one word to describe John Green, it would be awesome.

I'm so cryptic today. It's been a long day and it went a bit smoother than I assumed it would. Pessimist, realist, Miss Negativity. Choose your term. I'm not *always* like this. Just sometimes.

Phone conversation with my dad
Me: Hey.
Dad: Hello.
Me: Hello yourself.
Dad: Who is this?
Me: Your favourite.
Dad: How'd you get back from England so quickly, Caitlyn?
Me: Yeah, dad. Nice. You're really funny.
Dad: Sorry, Rachel. Couldn't resist.
Me: Did you call for a reason? Because I'm about to hang up.
Dad: What size are your feet?

(that's not the end of the conversation but I felt it was a sufficiently awkward note to end it on.)

The contacts aggravate me. First, there was the woman telling me over and over to "Readjust the lens and try again," and then my eyes was red and now I have a headache. I'm not sure if the headache is related but still, the first go at contact lenses was not a startling success for a couple reasons:

  1. They're hard to put in. I know this should get easier with time, but right now it's frustrating and I'm impatient.
  2. My face is so bare without glasses. I'm aware I could probably get used to that too, but I'm not a huge fan of the naked feeling. Plus, glasses contribute to my general nerdiness.
I'm sleepy now. Why do all my blogs end with me being sleepy? Probably because I'm usually too sleepy at the end of my blogs to think of anything else to write.

If anyone was curious (*cough* Vita), my new job is working at a grocery store. I'll be stocking shelves and bagging groceries and showing shoppers where the ketchup is. That's how cool working is. Dress pants

I know I don't make sense. Also, I'm weird. Don't worry, people, I have a little sister to tell me these things.

No comments: