Friday, August 20, 2010

Five People, One Bathroom (+Harry Potter World)

It's tricky in the morning. No one here is a vicious bathroom hog but in the mornings, if we want to leave the hotel room at 8:30, we have to start getting up a long time before that. And as I wait now for my partner-in-crime/fake sister to get out of the shower, I am consumed by hunger. I don't know what's for breakfast (the word bagel has been tossed around a bit), but I'm ready to start eating it.

We're going to Harry Potter World today. That's actually not what it's called. It's the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and I suppose they had to clarify the wizarding part for all the non-Harry Potter nerds. I'm almost not looking forward to it because as awesome as it sounds, the lines will not be pleasant. I wish I could have one day there, all to myself to wander the empty streets of Hogsmeade. But we know that's not going to happen.

***

I've now been to Harry Potter World. And I'm forever changed.

When I heard about the whole world thing, I was excited but in a 'That's really cool but, in all honesty, I'm never going to go because I'd have to fly to Florida and it seems pointless and I'm sure it'll be great but it could also be kind of a money grabbing tourist trap.' I didn't have a strong urge to pack my trunks and get on the train to Orlando.

But then something magical happened. Cheesy: I didn't seek out Harry Potter World; it found me and worked its wait into my heart.

Just kidding.

I'm not going to review the park right now. I'm tired and I need to sleep on it until my mind is fully formed. Strange expressions are strange. But I will say the following:

I wish there was a day for Harry Potter fans only. Where everyone else has to stay out and the rest of us could have it all to ourselves. Granted, I did not wear a costume to go to the park but that was more due to lack of foresight than lack of enthusiasm.

There could be a Harry Potter IQ test at the entrance. If you passed a certain number of questions, you can come in. If not, you can go spend your day in the rest of the park, on X-Men rides and Jurassic Park stuff. Maybe I'm being an elitist but wouldn't that HP nerd unity be completely awesome? (Not to mention shorter wait times.) I'm not saying you have to be the hugest fan in the world to get in, but it would be nice if the people who came to HP Nerd Day (as I'm calling it) had actually read the books, rather than just seen the movies.

And then the other six days a week, it could be a free for all.

Please, Universal?

No comments: