Thursday, February 4, 2010

Two Items of General Speaking About

Hey-o. I've been thinking about you lately. Yes, you. You know how much I care about you.

Yesterday, I fell off an exercise ball, creating much hilarity for those around me. I was trying to put a dvd back on the shelf whilst balancing on the ball and in the end it just didn't work and I ended up on the ground being laughed at. This is my life.

Then I saw 500 Days of Summer, which was hilarious and touching and really real. The following may not make sense to you if you have not seen the movie, but that is just another reason to see it.
- The soundtrack was amazing. It could possibly just be because I have listened to the soundtrack extensively before every seeing the movie, but the songs seemed really well tied in to the film. They enhanced every scene.
- It was so fascinating that, because it followed Tom's perspective, you fell in love with him, not her. Isn't it novel to see a movie where a guy is obsessing over a perfect girl, rather than the other way around? And even though she didn't actually do anything wrong (as we learned on Tom's blind date) you couldn't be on her side. Even though Tom was completely in love with her, I knew that she was going to dump him one day, out of the blue (to him anyway) and so I couldn't like her.
- I want to find a Tom. He would be a great boyfriend. Younger, of course.
- When it was near the end and she wanted to go home and he asked her to go get pancakes, I nearly cried. That was sad.

The other thing is that I recently re-read City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare, and loved it just as much as before. Possibly more. I fear that if I start gushing about how awesome it is I will not be able to stop and you will run away and not read the book and that would be bad. So I will simply say that it is excellent and you should read it soon, if you have not already.

Two people have told me the beginning is not very gripping (my reply being a stupid silence and mouth hanging openness) and so I guess it's not for everyone. But if you appreciate sarcasm and great writing and amazing chemistry and a well plotted, well paced book, City of Bones (and it's sequels) should be read by you.

Voldemort out, bitches.

No comments: