Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shenanigans and Lists

Ever since reading Rena's blog over at Raving Persuasions, I've been feeling the urge to write lists. And so I will reveal what is currently on my mind and eating away at my soul in the form of some lists.

What Is Happening Tomorrow
  1. I am going to try and understand trigonometry.
  2. The collective We that is my family are going to have one last coffee with Caitlyn.
  3. I am going to take the bus to Triple O's and have lunch with my family who drove there.
  4. I am going to take the SKY TRAIN (!!!) to the AIRPORT where I will say goodbye to my big sister for almost a year.
  5. Caitlyn will get on a plane and fly across the Atlantic Ocean and then on Thursday she will land and commence living and being a nanny there.
What I Am Not Looking Forward To Doing On Thursday
  1. Going to school with regular people to write exams.
  2. Waking up early so I can be at SCHOOL at 8:30 in the freaking morning.
  3. Reading and responding to prose in the provincial English exam and then having to write an essay, all in two hours.
  4. Having to walk home and have lunch but most of all having to return at 12:30pm for my math exam.
  5. Writing my math exam (especially questions about trigonometry, or as I like to call it 'what the fuck do I need this for and why can't we all just rely on architects?').
What I Have Left To Do For My Math Course and Why I Am Procrastinating It
  1. Write the exam - I'm not really procrastinating this. Thursday will come and there is nothing I can do to stop it.
  2. Finish the journals entries where I explain how I feel about each unit and how I will use the math in my real life - Obviously, I am procrastinating this because it is a somewhat lame thing to do. I see the point of it, but do YOU want to write a page long journal meant for your teacher to read about how you felt about probability and sampling? Neither do I.
  3. Think up and create the art project - Did you have to read that again? Yes, I have an art project for my math course. It's worth 10% of the grade or some such thing. I haven't done it because I have no ideas. Help.
  4. Research a mathematician and write a report on him/her - I only want to do it if I can do the report on Daniel Biss. Daniel? You reading this? Can we set up an interview of some sort? Best wishes!
What I Have Left To Do For My English Course and Why I Am Procrastinating It
  1. Write the exam.
  2. The art project - I'm mostly not doing this because I'm lazy. I do have an idea and it shouldn't be too hard but... you know, life and stuff is happening and there's no day like tomorrow.
  3. The journal - I've sort of done this. Kind of. Meh. I'll work on it on Friday.
  4. The Independent Project - It sounds daunting and it is because I have to write another essay on either racism or rites of passage. Again, next week looks free.
  5. Course evaluation - Yeah. I'm evaluating as we speak. Or as I type. Whatever.
This may not have been extraordinarily interesting but at least now I have some lists to refer to. That should be nice. See you on the other side of all of this shenanigans.

No comments: