Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stefan Read for the win!

Although I have not yet written a blog about it (at least, that I can remember) I'm kind of talked out about Stefan. Nevertheless, I feel I should write a blog speaking of my support if Stefan Read. Now, Stefan and I go way back. Last month, I saw him on a commercial and I don't remember the particular details but I do remember even then a strong connection. Also he was reasonably good looking although I'm not so shallow as to say that influenced by decision. *cough* And it couldn't possibly be because he shares a name with a certain vampire.

So yes, from then, I have been figuratively standing behind Stefan as he journeys toward the podium. I did, by mistake, miss his first event which was the normal hill qualification ski jump, but that is less due to my lack of devotion and more due to my lack of realizing there are events before the opening ceremonies. Who knew? Apart from Stefan, of course.

Sadly, he did not qualify for the normal hill event. He ranked 47 out of 50 so my hopes for a gold are low. Whatever, it's a good conversation starter and maybe he'll surprise me in the long hill event. Maybe *that's* his specialty.

I have to finish this up. I've been writing while watching a curling match between Sweden and the UK and so distractions have been plentiful. Snack time and then reading time. My amazing writing plans for the night have been foiled.

No comments: