Thursday, April 5, 2012

adventures in fate*: meeting Vita

I'm going to admit what you may already be thinking: I'm not very good at this BEDA thing. Like... I have good intentions and all and then I get locked in a lab room with my mom and there are blood pressure machines on us and we're supposed to talk about feels and everything falls to chaos.

That's basically what happened.

I also went to Seattle to meet a girl who I can basically sum up as my soulmate. Platonically. Don't make it weird.

So that took up some time.

Crossing the border both times, the inspection guards asked me what I was doing in Seattle and when I replied that I was meeting a friend and her mom, they wanted to know how long I'd known my friend and how we met.

Both times I tried not to sound sheepish when I said we've known each other for three years and we met on the internet. But it's hard not to sound sheepish when you tell people you're going to visit someone you've never technically speaking met. In my defense, meeting people from the internet doesn't seem as sketchy today as it did to me when I was eleven years old.

In short, it was lovely. Am I allowed to say that Vita and I have great chemistry without crossing a line? I said it. For two people who have never been in the same physical space at the same time, I think it's fair to say we hit it off. We literally just walked around and talked for hours and it was beautiful and surreal. The weirdest thing about the whole experience was definitely how not weird it was. I imagined it would be a little more awkward so I was surprised when it just totally wasn't. At all. Period.

It's been a pretty nice two days, travelling on the bus included.

*for comedic purposes only. I don't actually believe in fate. My view on soulmates however has changed since my encounter with the ever-amazing Vita. How could it not?

No comments: