Tuesday, January 18, 2011

birthday excitement - what happened to goodbye

No, it's not my birthday. Or even close really. It's 111 days away, in case you were curious. Oh? You weren't? Yes, you were. You definitely, definitely were. I know things. *glances shiftily from side to side*

Back to talking about my birthday. Oh? We weren't until I brought it up? Well, now we are. Props to D.W. for that delightful conversation controller.

What is happening on my seventeenth birthday, May 10, 2011, you ask? Sarah Dessen's new book. And this is exciting to me. If it isn't exciting to you too, you may stop reading this blog whenever is most convenient to you.

Still reading? Excellent.

I started reading Sarah Dessen's books about two and a half years ago and have since eagerly awaited each new release. No, her books aren't the most surprising or exceedingly literary or even breathtakingly beautiful but I have come to like what I can expect. Sarah Dessen knows how to write teen romance. And I am a hopeless romantic (when it comes to reading).

Add these together and you have love.

Thus, when I hear of contests to win ARCs of her books which, unlike her last release (Along for the Ride) I do not already have*, I must enter. Hence this blog. I realize that having an ARC will ruin the fact that it's coming out on my birthday but I am a contest fanatic. The fact that I am not usually the winner does nothing to deter me. I must submit my entry!

If you would like to join me in my fanaticism, here is the link. If you win, will you lend it to me? *smiles*

*My lovely mother works in a bookstore and sometimes brings home ARCs. Such was the case before Along for the Ride came out but, unfortunately, not for What Happened To Goodbye. Ah, connections.

No comments: