Saturday, October 17, 2009

Jo Bro haterz

I'm angry, and what do I do when I'm angry?

If you guessed write a rantish blog post, you would be correct. You win a cookie.

What spurred this emotion? (direct quote below from two unmentioned FB "friends")


"95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP!""


When I first read this, I didn't even know what to say. That's unusual for me. I was just so shocked.

My first reaction was to leave a lengthy comment on the person's status. It went something like this:

I just want to say that I think this is really mean.
You don't have to like their music, but wishing death upon them? That's pathetic, sad and just plain awful.
I'm really disappointed that this message is being passed on. I mean, come on guys, seriously?
It isn't even funny. Do you really want to watch someone kill themselves? Suicide is not a laughing matter.
Go f....ly a kite.

After that, I posted a status update about how disappointed I am in these people.

I don't like the Jonas Brothers. I don't like their music (save for Love Bug) and I'm not too thrilled with about the time they said they'd have a special interview with home schoolers and then advertised to us instead. But I don't want them to die. I don't want anyone to jump off a skyscraper.

What's is wrong with the world? Sometimes I worry.

2 comments:

Renata said...

Meh, I 'spose it was meant to be a joke. A slightly sick joke, but a joke nonetheless. I sincerely hope that's exaggerating, though. No one should have death wished upon them, however if they were about to jump I'd say, "Pffft. Drama queens. Do what you want, then..."

Renata said...

And one moooore thingamabob:

I gave you an award! It's here!

If you don't accept awards, this message will self-destruct in 3 seconds. Please disregard.