Tuesday, March 15, 2011

job benefits

My mother works in a bookstore. This pile of ARCs (short for advanced reader/review copy, a proof of a soon to be released book for reviewing) is a side effect of that. A wondrous, delightful side effect.

A couple weeks ago, I was practicing driving with my mom and sister and one of our stops was the bookstore to look at a bunch of ARCs that the book buyer of the store had set aside for us. And this stack is only about a third of them.

Seriously, I'm going to be reading these books for months. Maddy told me not to let her use her library card before we have so many books to read, the library is practically moot.

I. love. my. life.



In any case, if you notice a trend of reviews on this blog, do not be alarmed. I feel almost obligated to write about these books due to the fact that they were, um, free. I've already read Delirium (which was so-so) and Red Glove (which was brilliant) but that's about it. Next on my list are Shine, Forgotten and Forbidden.*

And if you're wondering if I'm writing this blog post with the sole purpose of making you jealous, well, um, you're probably right. I don't know, there's something about having a large quantity of not-yet-released books in your possession that makes you feel like you're in on some big secret and big secrets beg blog posts. Alliteration not intended.

*Is anyone else noticing a trend of one word titles in YA right now?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow, awesome! Some great-looking books in there. And I agree about the one-word titles lately. They're everywhere! And there are so many with abstract titles like Abandon and Forgotten and Forbidden that I can't keep them straight.