Sunday, February 6, 2011

labels

For the record, I don't like being called a twig.
Or a stick.
Or a pencil.
Or skinny.

I have never called anyone a pear or an hourglass or a rectangle or a cardboard box or any other bullshit way of describing a woman's shape. Let me tell you something: it doesn't work that way.

This is me telling you that it is not okay to label my body with extraneous metaphors. I'm officially taking away the permission you never had to make comments about my figure.

I am not a stick; I am a living, breathing, beautiful, curvy* girl. And I'm 99.99999% positive that I know better than you on this one.

DON'T OBJECTIFY ME.

*my way of defining curves may be slightly different than yours or your mother's or the images represented by pop culture, but trust me, I have them. Read Looking For Alaska.

No comments: