Monday, October 25, 2010

Lack of costume

I've dressed up in a lot of great costumes in all my sixteen years.

There was that time my whole family recreated The Wizard of Oz (I was Dorothy, of course). Or that other time when I was Little Red Riding Hood with that awesome cape. I've been a fairy, an angel, a princess. I don't think I've ever been a witch, vampire, ghost or anything else that is considered scary. No, I prefer the pretty costumes that involve dresses, flouncy if possible, and a touch of hairspray.

But this year, I have no ideas. Nothing at all. Obviously I have some check points, otherwise I could just dress up as a zombie and be done with it. What do I want in a costume? I will tell you.

  1. There must be a dress.
  2. It must involve wearing high heels.
  3. It must be pretty (hence the 'no zombies' rule).
  4. It must not be ridiculously overdone.
  5. If possible, it should be nerdy.
So tell me, what are my options?

1 comment:

Renata said...

Errr, Belle? She IS the nerdiest Disney princess, after all. But considering your specifics I can guess with reasonable certainty that that's been done. My other thought was some play on "French the Llama" i.e, dress up like a French person (dress + optional beret) + somehow obtain a representation of a llama? Which would be more "French avec Llama". . .?

(I'm going as a ninja butterfly. All black clothing + black butterfly wings + ninja mask. Because wearing black is easy, and because I am determined to use the wings somehow, because they're awesome.)